In order to provide the User with a better and personalized browsing experience, the Company needs to keep information on how to use the Website using text files called “cookies” and other tracking tools.
This policy describes the cookies that are installed by the Website, characteristics and purposes of each. It is also specified which cookies require the user’s consent to be installed, indicating the methods for granting and withdrawing consent, also due to the settings of the browser used by the User for browsing.
Finally, with reference to third-party cookies, links to third party information relating to their use are provided.
1. What cookies are and what they are used for
A cookie is a text string that the Website sends to the device used by the user (e.g. computer, smartphone or tablet), where it is stored and then retransmitted to that Website on a subsequent visit to obtain information of various types. Cookies allow you to improve the functioning of the Website and the user’s experience in using it, including the ability to enable the receipt of commercial communications.
Depending on the purpose for which they are installed, cookies are defined as:
- Aggregate technical and analytical cookies. Technical cookies help to make a website usable by enabling basic functions such as page navigation, setting privacy preferences and accessing or filling out forms. Analytical cookies are cookies that allow you to count visits and traffic sources for the preparation of reports and statistics on how users navigate. Aggregate statistics on visits never show information from which the identity of the data subject can be traced. The Website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Marketing and profiling cookies. Marketing and profiling cookies are used to track the user’s browsing on the network and create profiles on the user’s tastes, habits and choices. These cookies, if third party, may also show relevant content and ads on other Websites. If you do not accept these cookies, you will not receive personalised content.
- Social media cookies. Social media cookies are installed by social media providers to allow the sharing of the contents of a website, allow a social account to interact with the Website, allow you to express an appreciation and share it. Disabling these cookies may result in content not being shared on social media.
All the aforementioned cookies are also defined as “first party”, if installed by the owner/operator of the Website and “third party”, if installed by different parties.
2. Website Cookies
Through the Website, aggregate technical and analytical cookies, marketing and profiling cookies and social media cookies are installed, both of LF and LAFIBS and of third parties.
COOKIE PREFERENCES MANAGEMENT
The data are collected only for the purposes and for the duration indicated in the following tables and are processed with automated methods.
Aggregate technical and analytical cookies
Technical cookies help to make a website usable by enabling basic functions such as page navigation, setting privacy preferences and accessing or filling out forms. Analytical cookies are cookies that allow you to count visits and traffic sources for the preparation of reports and statistics on how users navigate. The user’s consent is not required for the use of these cookies as they are necessary for the operation of the website.
Marketing and profiling cookies
These cookies are used to track the user’s browsing on the network and create profiles on the user’s tastes, habits and choices. These cookies, if third party, may also show relevant content and ads on other websites. If you do not accept these cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised content.
Social media cookies
These cookies are installed by social media providers to allow the sharing of the contents of a website, allow a social account to interact with the website, allow you to express an appreciation and share it. Failure to accept these cookies may make it impossible to share the contents of the website on social networks.
3. How to control cookies through your browser
Many of the cookies used on the Website can be enabled or disabled through the consent tool or by disabling cookies through the browser settings. To disable cookies, follow the instructions in your browser. If cookies are blocked, however, the Website may not function properly. However, disabling a cookie or a category of cookies does not delete previously registered cookies from your browser, unless the deletion action has been completed manually through the browser functionality.
Below are the links relating to the most commonly used browsers in order to change the cookie settings and delete them:
For more information on cookies and to manage preferences on third-party profiling cookies we recommend you visit the website www.youronlinechoices.com. Once on the website, by accessing the “Your choices” area, the User can check the presence and status of third-party cookies installed and manage their consents.
4. Additional Information
With respect to the information collected by the cookies installed directly from the Website, the Company specifies that the data collected by the cookies may be disclosed to subjects, including residents of foreign countries, who act on behalf of the Company as managers or authorized to process (including, in particular, subjects in charge of carrying out the analysis of consumption habits, as well as preparing and sending promotional communications), for purposes related to those described above. In this case, the recipients of the data will be subject to protection and security obligations equivalent to those guaranteed by the Company.
Finally, with reference to third-party cookies, please note that the purposes of these cookies, the logic underlying the related processing, as well as the management of the user’s preferences with respect to the cookies themselves are not determined and verified by the Company, but by the third party that provides them, as identified in the table above.